Astero utilizes Ajax technology and local caching for fast loading of weather forecasts that supports a fixed location or user geolocation. Optional search function lets users look up the weather with a city name or zip code, and choose their preferred units! Create stunning weather widgets with animated backgrounds, custom images or a clean and minimalist look easily with the shortcode builder. Scripts and styles are loaded conditionally to minimize HTTP requests, and Html5 caching is enabled to increase loading speed and avoid API call limits. Use as a widget, shortcode, or both!
OpenWeatherMap API Weather Forecast with Ajax (1000 free calls per day)
Default Location or Html5 Geolocation with GeoIP Fallback
Search by City or Latitude and Longitude directly with Shortcode
Local Cache for 1 Hour
IP Detection Only avoiding user Geolocation prompt with free Maxmind GeoIP Database
Fully Responsive Layout
CSS3 Animations and Transitions for Better Mobile Performance
Supports Multiple Weather Displays on the Same Page
Responsive Elements: Full Forecast Layout Displays Content According to Element Size
Optional User Search Function by city name or zip code with a choice of units
Supports WordPress Multisite!
Supports Http or Https Sites
OpenWeatherMap Languages Support (45): Arabic, Azerbaijani, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, English, Basque, Persian (Farsi), Finnish, French, Galician, Hebrew, Hindi, Croatian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Norwegian, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Português Brasil, Romanian, Russian, Swedish, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Serbian, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Zulu.
3 Background Styles
Html5 Video (.mp4, .webm, .ogg) – or – YouTube Background
Original – or – Custom Image Backgrounds for 7 Weather Conditions
Clean Minimal Background For Flat UI Design
2 Layout Modes
Simple Layout with Fullscreen Overlay
Full Forecast Layout
900+ Google Fonts
Unlimited Background and Font Colors
Set Overall Font Size and/or Temperature Font Size
Customize Border Style
Optional Rounded Corners
Choose to Display °C | °F as Temperature Units or Simply °
Detailed Weather Info
Full Screen Weather Forecast with Humidity, Wind, Cloudiness, Sunrise and Sunset Data
7-Day Weather Forecast with Temperature, Humidity and Cloudiness Information
Choice of °C or °F
Fully Translatable and includes all .mo and .po files
How to Install Plugin
Upload plugin and activate.
Go to Settings > Astero Weather, and enter OpenWeatherMap key (required).
Optionally enter Google Map API Key. This is required if you use the weather search function, or use city parameter in shortcode.
Create a new weather by going to Dashboard > Astero Weather > Add New Weather.
Insert weather into your site through shortcode or widget.
How to Use Shortcode
You must at least have created a weather display under Dashboard > Astero Weather > Add New Weather
You can add the shortcode anywhere on your site. Example:
Use a dynamic location with shortcode by providing latitude and longitude.Example:
Use a dynamic location with shortcode by providing city and country code (requires Google Map API Key). Example:
[astero id='1234' city='New York, US']
Weather is not loading!
Please make sure you have entered an OpenWeatherMap API key under Settings > Astero Weather.
OpenWeatherMap API key is added but the weather is still not loading.
The API key may require a few hours to activate. If you have recently signed up or created the API key, please be patient and try again later.
Search function is not working.
Please make sure you have added a Google Map API key under Settings > Astero Weather. Make sure your site is allowed in the HTTP referrer for your Google Map API Key, or that there are no restrictions. In some cases you may need to regenerate the Google Map API key for it to work.
My Google Map API key is valid and working, but search is still not working.
If Google Map is already loaded on your site through your theme or other plugins, try going to Settings > Astero Weather > Skip Load Google Map and checking it. Google Map API Key is still required above.
If you have anymore questions, please feel free to leave a comment and I’ll look into your problem.
Version 2.0.1 (24 Jul 2020)
- Fixed bug with YouTube video upload
- Added optional city name for Default Location
Version 2.0.0 (10 Apr 2020)
- Changed weather provider to Openweathermap
- Support for WP 5.4
- Added shortcode to query weather by city and country name or latitude and longitude
- Updated Google Fonts list
- Updated MaxMind GeoIP database
Version 1.4.3 (24 Sep 2018)
- Fixed Google Map not loaded when using Geolocation
Version 1.4.2 (19 Jun 2018)
- Fixed js bug that sometimes causes weather not to load
Version 1.4.1 (17 Jun 2018)
- Fixed js file not minified
Version 1.4 (16 June 2018)
- Removed Openweathermap
- Improved CSS for theme compatibility
Version 1.3.5 (1 Feb 2018)
- Geocode display city instead of full address
Version 1.3.4 (8 Sep 2017)
- Fixed bug: plugin script not requiring jQuery
Version 1.3.3 (22 Jul 2017)
- Added option to skip load Google Map
Version 1.3.2 (16 Apr 2017)
- Fixed bug in location not showing for Geolocation
Version 1.3.1 (30 Jan 2016)
- Fixed bug in Forecast.io weather search to improve weather accuracy
Version 1.3.0 (27 Jan 2016)
- Added option to enter Google Map API to support weather search
- Implement Maxmind Geoip database
Version 1.2.9 (21 Nov 2016)
- Updated Forecast.io supported languages
Version 1.2.8 (8 Oct 2016)
- Load Google fonts over HTTPS
Version 1.2.7 (13 Jul 2016)
- Fixed bug for weather not loading when iframe ratio is defined
- Updated weather conditions for translations
Version 1.2.6 (1 Mar 2016)
- Fixed geocoder script for js
- Manually input latitude and longitude
- Added Google geocoder API
- Changed GeoIP service provider
- IP only
Version 1.2.5 (7 Jul 2015)
- Fixed small css bug
Version 1.2.4 (27 Jun 2015)
- Round off weather forecast details
Version 1.2.3 (26 Jun 2015)
- Fixed bug showing error for Forecast.io weather
Version 1.2.2 (22 Apr 2015)
- Improved compatibility for https
Version 1.2.1 (31 Mar 2015)
- Fixed localStorage throwing error in iOS devices
Version 1.2.0 (16 Mar 2015)
- Added Forecast.io to choice of weather service providers
- Support for Https (Forecast.io only)
- Allow own translation when using Openweathermap
Version 1.1.6 (6 Feb 2015)
- Allow customized location name
Version 1.1.5 (29 Jan 2015)
- Changed stylesheet enqueue method
- Fixed unix time bug
Version 1.1.4 (17 Jan 2015)
- Fixed @font-face conflict
- Fixed date translation bug
Version 1.1.3 (7 Jan 2015)
- Support WordPress Multisite
Version 1.1.2 (30 Dec 2014)
- Fixed max/min temperature
- Fixed weather forecast bug
- Improved css to avoid conflicts
Version 1.1.1 (24 Dec 2014)
- Fixed small bug for Rounded Corners not saving
Version 1.1 (17 Dec 2014)
- Added Search Function
Version 1.0.4 (25 Nov 2014)
- Improved IP based location accuracy
- Fixed localization file loading bug
- Fixed background image class bug
Version 1.0.3 (18 Nov 2014)
- Added option to display temperature units
Version 1.0.2 (17 Nov 2014)
- Added option for simple layout or full forecast layout
- Minor css fixes
Version 1.0.1 (14 Nov 2014)
- Important Geolocation bugfix
Kindly Note: We update new contents like WordPress Themes, Plugins, PHP Scripts everyday. But remember that you should never use this items in a commercial website. All the contents posted here for development & testing purpose only. We are not responsible for any damage, use at your own RISK! We highly recommend to buy Astero – WordPress Weather Plugin from the Original Developer (archtheme) website. Thank you.
Note: If you are having trouble with Astero – WordPress Weather Plugin Nulled , try to disable AdBlock for the site or try another Web Browser. Disabling AD blocker or change Web Browser not help to you please contact us.